50 PROJECTS have been submitted. The best will get part of a $100,000 prize fund + support
The Great Regional City Challenge is a challenge to the wider community to become actively engaged in making Launceston one of the great regional cities of the world.
Here’s how it works:
Decide on YOUR community project
Our vision for the city is to be more creative, innovative, liveable, diverse and better connected.
- Do you, your friends, family, colleagues or neighbours have a project to make Launceston better?
- Are you already working on a project that meets our criteria or do you have a new idea for a project?
- If you answered yes to either of these questions, move to step 2.
If you need help to shape your project, use this platform to ask a question, gather ideas and collate feedback.
Complete the Great Regional City Challenge application. APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Send us an email to explain what your project is or could be. Then, once you are happy, send the completed application to email@example.com.
Please note that all applications had to be sent before midnight (12pm) on Sunday 15 March, 2020.
The community votes for the GREAT projects. VOTING OPENS 1 APRIL, 2020
All projects will be uploaded to this platform where everyone can vote for their favourites.
- Everyone in the greater Launceston region / north-east Tasmania is eligible to vote. If you are resident outside the NE Tasmania region your vote will not be counted. Sorry.
- Voting ends on the 31st of May, 2020.
Selected projects get up to $10,000 plus support
The best projects will be selected from the community votes (each person in the region can only vote once).
- All projects will be invited to a major Great Regional City Challenge event at Launceston Country Club.
- Selected projects will be announced at the event which includes what funds and support they will receive.
- Results will be announced in the media and by direct contact with each project.
The event will be held in the second half of June 2020.
Your project helps make Launceston region GREAT!
Projects - and the funding and support - will commence from July 1, 2020.
- The support of trained Community Builders will maximise your chances of having a successful project.
- The Great Regional City Challenge will be assessed at the end of June 2021.
- The program will be repeated once it is seen as a success.
For more information about The Great Regional City Challenge, please contact: