What kind of project have we been looking for?
The Challenge has been looking for projects that are created and driven by YOU and the community.These are the kind of projects we were looking for that would make the region stronger, more active and more inclusive.
A Creative and Innovative Region
- ✔ Unlocking skills in the young or old, rich or poor.
- ✔ Enhancing the arts and cultural scene.
- ✔ Investing in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- ✔ Building partnerships and collaborations.
- ✔ Making use of the knowledge sector.
- ✔ Leveraging research and development.
- ✔ Lifting literacy and academic achievement
- ✔ Supporting vocational skills.
A Liveable Region
- ✔ Making use of existing assets
- ✔ Enhancing parks and alternative transport.
- ✔ 'Activating' the waterfront.
- ✔ Creating a cleaner physical environment.
- ✔ Creating key activity hubs.
- ✔ Unlocking personal happiness within communities.
- ✔ Reducing loneliness
- ✔ Enhancing community engagement.
A Diverse Economy
- ✔ Attracting more people and businesses.
- ✔ Looking at the future of work and jobs.
- ✔ Using 'accessible' smart technology.
- ✔ Improving infrastructure.
- ✔ Improving customer experiences and service.
- ✔ Making better use of renewable energy.
- ✔ Building on our advantages in tourism, service industries, advanced manufacturing, food and fibre etc
- ✔ Reducing greenhouse emissions.
- ✔ Getting equitable access to funds and capital.
A Diverse Community
- ✔ Tackling mortality and obesity.
- ✔ Buying local, making local.
- ✔ Welcoming an ethnically diverse community.
- ✔ Promoting inclusion (age, gender, sexuality etc.)
- ✔ Creating affordable lifestyles.
- ✔ Optimising fuel use.
- ✔ Reducing health costs.
- ✔ Improving housing and education.
A Connected and Networked Region
- ✔ Exploiting our gigabit city advantage.
- ✔ Attracting new business.
- ✔ Driving productivity in existing businesses.
- ✔ Creating global links in trade.
- ✔ Creating cultural links between people.
- ✔ Improving connections between people and places.
- ✔ Improving clusters between regions and countries.
- ✔ Building on assets (airport, port infrastructure).
How to apply
Vote Now. Project applications online from 1 April, 2020.