Last updated: 18/11/2019
The Launceston Together timebank
This timebank is a member-only space where timebank members can freely exchange time with each other. Time can be exchanged offline or online and members are responsible for arranging their own exchanges and for ensuring the safety of themselves and others.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. In order to join the timebank you must accept these terms and conditions on the application page.
Standards of care
By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree to:
- Respect other member's privacy and confidentiality.
- Respect other member's viewpoints and not pressurise them to accept your religious or political beliefs.
- Not involve friends or relatives in timebank activities (unless otherwise agreed as being part of a group activity).
- Not ask for or accept money, gifts or tips from other members.
- Not eat or drink a member's food and drink, unless invited to do so.
- Respect a no smoking policy in a member's home or venue at the time of the exchange.
- Not use any possessions of the member, including the telephone, unless given clear permission to do so.
- Always treat other members respectfully.
Here is some guidance on making exchanges:
- Expenses: We do not have a process for processing expenses so, unless you have arranged otherwise, this is up to you to manage and be satisfied with the arrangement before you begin.
- Cancellation: Whether you are a giver or receiver of an exchange, please give as much notice as possible if you need to cancel.
- Health and Safety: The safety of all timebank members is paramount. If you have any concerns or doubts when asked to carry out an exchange, please DON'T DO IT.
- Safeguarding: Do not put yourself at risk! If you are worried about visiting another member on your own, in the dark or in a particular area, please DON’T DO IT.
- Trust your judgement: If anything sets off alarm bells, trust your instinct and position yourself for an easy exit.
Rights and responsibilities
We value you as an individual and recognise our responsibility to maintain high standards for all members. Equally, as a member, you have responsibilities towards others in the scheme. Whilst we grant you access to this platform, you are responsible for your own actions and behaviours.
The Rights and Responsibilities of all members
- Members must exercise care and caution when interacting with people they do not know.
- Members take full responsibility for participating in timebanking (including using the timebanking website and receiving services from, and providing services to, other timebanking members)
- Members engage in timebanking at their own risk.
- Members acknowledge that the platform administrator is under no obligation to monitor the timebanking website (including any content and any advertisements posted by timebanking members.
- Members acknowledge that the platform administrator makes no promises or representations in relation to the type, skill, qualifications, expertise or availability of persons that become timebanking members; nor the services or advertisements provided by them, including its legality, truth, accuracy, or suitability.
Rights of the time giver
- To earn one “time credit” for every hour spent on an exchange.
- To have credits banked and available to be used when the participant needs a service.
- To be able to donate credits to another member (who also needs to be a member of the timebank).
- To receive recognition for the valuable service provided to the timebank.
- To be treated fairly and resolve any dispute, complaint or misunderstanding promptly.
Rights of the time receiver
- To be treated with dignity, care and respect in line with the Standards of Care.
- One time credit always buys one hour of service, regardless of the nature of the task.
Responsibilities of the giver
- To only offer services where you feel you are a fit and proper person to provide. You must have the capability, skills and necessary qualifications to provide those services safely.
- You must ensure that you have all required licences and consents, relevant insurances, and comply with the law when they provide any timebanking services.
- To only advertise and provide timebanking services that involve child-related work as a volunteer if you have a Working with Children Check and make necessary declarations as required by the law.
- To only advertise and provide timebanking services that involve working with vulnerable people if you have been registered to Work With Vulnerable People.
- To provide an exchange that is comfortable and satisfying to the receiver.
- To maintain the receiver’s confidentiality.
- To observe the Standards of Care.
- To be prompt and keep scheduled exchanges.
Responsibilities of the receiver
- To take responsibility for checking the giver has the Working with Children Check and has made necessary declarations as required by the law, if asking for services that involve child-related work as a volunteer.
- To take responsible steps to ensure the safety and wellbeing of any time giver, giving their time as part of an exchange.
- To take responsibility in checking the time giver is a fit and proper person to undertake the service you require. You must ensure that they have all required licences and consents, relevant insurances, and comply with the law when they provide any timebanking services.
If you are unhappy about any timebank service, please speak to the platform administrator. The platform admin will escalate safeguarding queries to Made Open Communications Ltd - the platform licensing organisation - if they cannot resolve an issue themselves. For more information about these terms and conditions, please contact Made Open: firstname.lastname@example.org
The platform administrator is not responsible or liable in any manner for:
(a) the accuracy, truth, appropriateness, completeness of any content posted by timebanking members on the timebanking website, including content that you may be exposed to while using the timebanking website;
(b) any timebanking member’s online or offline conduct;
(c) the deletion and removal of your content (including advertisements);
(d) any errors that may be in the timebanking website content or the accrual or use of time credits;
(e) any delay, suspension or cancellation of the timebanking website to you (including your timebanking member account);
(f) your content, the timebanking website being error-free, defect-free or free from interruption, external intruders (hackers), virus or worm attacks, denial of service attacks, and persons having unauthorised access to the timebanking website or systems; or
(g) the services advertised by timebanking members, including the nature, quality or suitability of the services advertised.
The platform administrator accepts no liability for any loss, liability, damages, expenses, costs or charges of any kind whether arising in tort (including negligence), equity or otherwise which you suffer or incur arising from or in connection with your participation in timebanking (including your use of the timebanking website, and the services you receive from and provide to other timebanking members). Any representation, warranty, condition or undertaking that would be imposed by legislation, common law, equity, trade, custom or usage is excluded to the maximum extent allowed by law.
You indemnify the platform administrator (including its personnel) from any loss, liability, damages, expenses, costs or charges of any kind which the platform administrator (including its personnel) suffers or incurs arising from or in connection with your participation in timebanking (including your use of the timebanking website and the services you receive from and provide to other timebanking members).
You are responsible and liable for any tax or other liabilities incurred in relation to timebanking services you provide to or receive from other timebanking members. Timebanking does not warrant or represent that it has examined the tax implications of any transaction that a timebanking member may enter into. If you are unsure about the tax or other liabilities that may arise in relation to the timebanking services you provide or receive, you should obtain accounting and financial advice on this issue.
If any dispute arises between timebanking members, the members that are in dispute should attempt to resolve the dispute. If the dispute is not resolved between the timebanking members that are in dispute, the dispute may be referred to the platform administrator for mediation.
Your agreement to these terms and conditions does not create a relationship of partnership, employment, principal and agent, or of trustee and beneficiary. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Australia. Timebanking members agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.